Website for opensocial.group

Something I mentioned very briefly at the end of the WG meeting earlier this week was the idea of having a website at the base domain of whatever lexicon NSID we come up with. Eg, https://opensocial.group or https://intermodal.group or whatever we decide on.

The role model to me is https://standard.site. It has a relatively accessible description, gives examples of specific apps/modalities/projects that build on the system, and has technical documentation about the lexicons themselves and how to build on them. It is not itself an application or hosting provider, just docs and information.

I think we would want atproto.com to link to this documentation website. Should atproto.com also have some summary and contextualization content? I’m not sure.

This post is to socialize the idea in writing, to see if anybody has concerns or counter-proposals on the overall idea, and to see if anybody is interested in collaborating on the design and content. We could start with planning, or just let somebody do a first pass and then we collaborate in git (on tangled). I think that standard.site took the later approach, but i’m not positive.

2 Likes