Bluvy Core - somes apps on at-proto

Hello everyone!

I’m the creator of bluvy.app (also on Bluesky), and I’ve been building various small applications around AT Protocol for some time now, leading up to the project I recently started.

All of these applications are built in Europe and hosted in Europe. :european_union:

The first one:

An end-to-end encrypted messaging application: messenger.bluvy.app, available on Android and the web.

An application that makes it easy to manage your followers: dex.bluvy.app.

And more recently, after several weeks of development and now available to everyone: Tube, a video platform built around the new 10-minute video update, aiming to provide an alternative to YouTube without trying to compete with it directly.

The application already supports a lot of features. It’s currently only available on the web, but I’m working on it every day to keep improving it as much as possible.

So, what features does it actually offer?

If you publish a video through Tube, you can create metadata for your videos, including a title, description, subtitles, and chapters.

This data is open and available on your PDS, allowing any app or view to reuse it.

Our video player can also be embedded into any website or web/mobile application.

We also support streaming to stream.place, with everything managed directly in-app in just a few clicks.

This is my biggest AT Protocol project so far, and I plan to put all my knowledge and experience into it, especially everything I’ve learned from building my first video platform.

I hope these projects will interest some of you and, most importantly, prove useful to everyone!

5 Likes

Bluevy Tube got some updates :

  • Optimization,
  • Watch later feature
  • Add a mute button on short,
  • Less load time on each page.

More incoming soon.

I have updated Bluey Tube UI; now we have two display modes :

  • Standard mode (default mode, like YouTub
  • Immersive mode (TikTok short-like)

I reworked the login page, fixed many bugs, and optimized the entire code.

Today we have 21 users on board. 1.4 million indexed videos and around 10 hours of viewed videos.

Greetings, Thomas—your approach to keeping subtitles, chapters and other video metadata available on the creator’s PDS caught our attention. We’re developing Made Sick and PIXIE, with an emphasis on accessible creative workflows.

How do subtitles and chapters carry through when Tube’s player is embedded elsewhere? We’re particularly interested in iPad Safari and VoiceOver: are there known limitations or testing notes we should read before exploring an embed? We’d like to understand what you’ve already learned and where a focused test might be useful.